Getting started with Transcription – From The Page
From the Page is a simple transcription system. It allows you to upload images which it then presents to you with a frame where you can type the contents. You can magnify the manuscript image to see it more clearly. It allows for some markup of text and exports to a few formats (XHTML, TEI).
An example implementation of this Recipe can be followed here including all source images and extracted texts.
- Create a From the Page project by emailing the Uni Melbourne SCIP team
- Upload images (see From The Page FAQ for more info on how to get started)
- Transcribe / get Community to transcribe (See FAQ for more info)
- Export Xhtml or TEI transcription
- Find the Collection ID of the transcription project at the end of the URL when visiting the collection homepage
- Visit the Export site appending the collection ID to the end (replace XX) https://fromthepage.esrc.info/export?collection_id=XX
- Choose appropriate format (xhtml or tei)
- Download file