Three reference datasets have been curated and transformed as part of the Tinker environment. Each dataset has been curated, transformed and transferred from one platform and custodial setting to another to increase the capacity for research reuse:
- Australian Government Gazette [1832-1968] (OCR/manually transcribed publication data) has been transferred from Trove Australia to Alveo to be made available as a static versioned reference dataset.
- Australian Census [1981, 1986, 1991] (OCR statistical survey and boundary area data) has been transferred from the Australian Data Archive to AURIN be made available as a geo-referenced reference dataset.
- Australian Bigamy Prosecutions [1849-1999] (manually transcribed archival data) has been transferred from the Prosecutions Project platform to the Australian Data Archive to be made available as a static versioned reference dataset.
These datasets tend to be historic in nature and have arisen as part of government record keeping and publication processes and digitisation. They have diverse technical characteristics and a complex provenance prior to the curation and enhancement processes applied.
Available via Tools
A number of dataset are also available for exploration through the suite of Tinker tools:
- The Diaries of Prison Governor John Buckley Castieau 1855-1884 available. Available via Voyant. (http://nla.gov.au/nla.obj-5684781)
- Election Speeches from The Museum of Australian Democracy. Time series available via Voyant. (Originals on the museum site.)
- Final Report, Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse, volumes 1 through 17. Available via Voyant. (Originals on the commission site.)